The Peace & Dialogue Leadership Initiative
The Peace & Dialogue Leadership Initiative (PDLI) engages top undergraduate students at Yale University and the United States Military Academy at West Point through a unique yearlong fellowship focused on nuanced understanding of Israeli-Palestinian relations and societies, the US role in the Middle East, and civil-military relations. The centerpiece of the fellowship is an annual 10-day trip to Israel & the Palestinian territories.
• Develop a community on campus and beyond interested in engaging with
political and social complexity, conflict mediation, and peacebuilding.
• Give students the tools to develop a nuanced understanding of peacebuilding—particularly within the Israeli-Palestinian conflict--by connecting high-level strategic dialogue with realities on the ground.
• Foster civil-military relationships, understanding, and dialogue.
• Prompt students to reflect on what good leadership looks like on both an institutional and a personal level, and to empower them to practice such leadership in their own lives.
• Provide an incisive look into Israeli and Palestinian society, culture, and politics.
• Inspire students to think deeply about the United States' relationship with Israel, its role in the Israeli-Palestinian relationship, and, more broadly, its role in the region.